Haryana HPSC PGT Recruitment 2023: Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) has released the new exam pattern and syllabus for recruitment of 4476 Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs) in the Haryana Education Department Rest of Haryana (ROH) Cadre and Mewat Cadre.
HPSC PGT New Exam Pattern and Syllabus
It is hereby announced for the general information of the candidates who have applied for the post of Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs) (Group-B) in various subjects for Mewat Cadre & Rest of Haryana (ROH) Cadre, in response to Advertisement No. 31/2022 & 32/2022, that there will be a recruitment test for the PGT posts of the following subjects:-
1. Biology 2. Chemistry 3. Computer Science 4. English 5. Hindi 6. History 7. Mathematics 8. Physics 9. Political Science 10. Commerce
Scheme/Pattern of Exam:-
First Stage of Examination:- Screening Test
- Total number of MCQs: 100
(i) Questions will be from the concerned subjects as per syllabus available on the Commission’s website and also from the topics of Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, General Awareness, General Mental Ability, Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability, Decision making and problem solving, Basic numeracy, Data interpretation and the questions related to History, Geography, Polity, Economy and Culture of Haryana.
- Total Marks: 100
- Time duration of the exam: 02 hours
- All questions carry equal marks.
- Each question will have five options. The fifth option will be meant for a situation where a candidate intends to leave the question un-attempted.
- One-fourth mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- In case a candidate neither attempts a question nor darkens the fifth option/bubble, then One-fourth mark will be deducted for each such question.
- The question paper will be in English and Hindi for the subjects of History, Political Science & Commerce. Rest of the question papers will be in English language only.
- A candidate will have to secure a minimum of 25% marks to clear the screening test.
- Candidates four times the numbers of advertised posts, category-wise, will be called for the next stage of selection process, provided that they have secured the minimum cut-off marks of 25%.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in the screening test will not be counted for final selection because it is only for shortlisting of category-wise candidates.
Second Stage of Examination:- Subject Knowledge Test
- Time duration of exam: 03 hours
- Post-wise/subject-wise syllabus is available on the Commission’s website.
- The question paper will be in English and Hindi for the subjects of History, Political Science & Commerce. Rest of the question paper will be in English language only.
- Total Marks: 150
- Paper will be subjective type.
- No candidate will be called for the interview/viva-voce test unless he/she secures a minimum of 35% marks in the test.
- The numbers of the candidates called for interview will be two times, including bracketed candidates if any, of the number of category-wise advertised posts provided that they have secured the minimum cut-off marks of 35%
- The weightage of the second stage test will be 87.5%
Third Stage of Examination:- interview
- The weightage of the interview will be 12.5%
- The final merit list will be prepared by adding the marks of second stage examination and interview.
Haryana HPSC PGT New Exam Pattern and Syllabus PDF 2023